I must not think bad thoughts
Blogging the rise of American Empire.

me
Back to Bad Thoughts

Thursday, December 04, 2003

He is with the Angels now
From the Mail Bag:
hey nat,
just wanted to wish you good luck with Kelvim Escobar. as a bluejays fan i never really grew to like him, but everyone else who isn't a toronto fan says that he's got the potential to be really good. perhaps. anyway good luck with that. Joel

If Rene Lachemann were still the pitching coach for the Angels, I might have been excited by this announcement. I fear, Joel, that you are correct in your irony: Escobar won't work out. $18 million is a lot to spend on a guy who does not have an era below 4.00. The good thing about living in New England is that I can put some distance between myself and the mental anguish that the Angels would have put me through had I still lived in LA.

BTW, the fantasy baseball league went through a post-season name change. Will it stick?

Posted by: Nathanael / 9:50 AM : (0) comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment