I must not think bad thoughts
Blogging the rise of American Empire.

me
Back to Bad Thoughts

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Baseball
The narcissistic bloggeres at Ministry of Minor Perfidy have seen fit to recommend me to their readers. I give a great big salute back: they spend more time analyzing domestic affairs whereas I just complain. They also can generate fun discussion with greater ease.

However, I realized that they made one error in their recommendation: that referring to my "spirited defense of the Anaheim Angels." Yes, I am an Angels fan, that other team from the LA-OC area (kinda like the Clippers). But living in New England for years has morphed me into a different type of fan. I spend hours each week commuting back and forth to different parts of Massachusetts. Along the way I listen to the radio a lot. I hear lots of sports radio. I hear lots of bitching about the Red Sox (and the Yankees). I used to hate both: they were loud and obnoxious at the otherwise more genteel Angels games. All the radio listening has not converted me into a Red Sox fan. Worse: I am a Red Sox critic. I am one of those people who debate every base running decision, every bad call, every pitching change for hours if not days. But I am still not an obnoxious fan--I am just obnoxious., which is much less charming. My recent beef: that the Red Sox and the Yankees would go out of their way to sign Schilling and Brown respectively, two pitchers whose warrantees have expired. (Note to self: don't talk to anyone about baseball. You might get beaten up.

Posted by: Nathanael / 12:08 PM : (0) comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment