I must not think bad thoughts
Blogging the rise of American Empire.

me
Back to Bad Thoughts

Sunday, April 20, 2003

One of the local wine stores had a tasting of German wines from 2001 yesterday. They were excellent. Those who know me know my fondness for things Rhenish, especially the wines from Alsace and Moselle. These had unique qualities--in general, a slight acidity that nicely balanced out the usual sweetness of the wines.

Ayler Kupp Kabinett, Simon 2001 (good deal for a German wine at $8; light, mineral taste)

Graacher Himmerlreich Kabinett, Studert Prum 2001 ($12, with a slight citrus taste; great with any light meal; my favorite of the day for the price; however, I bought a bottle of ...)
Stuedert-Prum

Uerziger Wuerzgarten Spaetlese, Erbes 2001 ($17, great taste, similar to the Studert Prum, but a little more neutral; very full sweet taste)
Erbes

Winkeler Hasensprung Spaetlese, von Hessen 2001 ($17, a little more of the classic sweetness)

Posted by: Nathanael / 9:48 AM : (0) comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment