I must not think bad thoughts
Blogging the rise of American Empire.

me
Back to Bad Thoughts

Thursday, April 10, 2003

My illness is keeping me from doing the extra study of policy necessary to make this blog interesting for the moment. However, I sketched out the history article that I am working on (concerning Franco-German relations in the 1920's) and I think it is going to be awesome. I also finished Njal's Saga. It wasn't quite as good as Egil or some of the others. Njal is a really interesting figure: the lawgiver who employed the courts in order to keep peace in Iceland and cement bonds between the strong families. It is less interesting after Njal is burned alive in his home: the legal procedures and described in too much detail. Njal appreciated the use of law and its limitations.

Posted by: Nathanael / 2:47 PM : (0) comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment